Unscripted | with Lauren Webster
soul searching, storytelling & memory making
available for instant download
in this course you’ll learn
The desire to document our everyday lives comes from the stories that have made us who we are. Our reasons are different, but in some ways, the same. You may have grown up with a camera in your hand or maybe a personal loss inspired you to pick it up for the first time. Maybe your need to document came after you had children. We all have our stories, and your story makes you the photographer you are today.
In the course, “Unscripted”, you will dig deep to discover the parts of you that have led you to this approach to photography. We will work together to find your own authentic voice so that past, present, & future clients feel comfortable opening up to you. In this elective course, you will learn how to tell your story and why it is important to do so, how to connect with clients, how to tell a story using different points of view, and why it is important to pursue personal projects.
- What is Documentary: what makes documentary photography different from a lifestyle session
- Spill your Guts: identifying your story; having a vulnerable & authentic presence
- Introvert or Extrovert: learning to be open & honest without driving people away
- Finding your Tribe: using your story to find the right clients, building relationships
- Finding perspective: visually telling a story using different points of view
- Feed the soul: why photographing for yourself is imperative to your success as a photographer
- Weekly assignments, behind the scenes & editing videos, mentor critique and group discussions
- behind-the-scenes video of Lauren photographing a storytelling client, her suggestions and tips, and some feedback from the client herself . She will walk you through her culling and editing process. You’ll also receive access to a private Facebook group and live Q&A’s. Additionally, you will be given assignments once per week. All assignments will be reviewed and provided feedback by Lauren for all participants.
- Final project submission
shoot for you & from your heart